The BMW 5 series automobiles have become widely popular with executives around the world, and created a high standard that consumers have come to depend on.
With a six cylinder diesel engine that packs a torque of 546 pounds per foot, the new BMW M550d xDrive sedan model can accelerate from 0-62 miles per hour in only 4.7 seconds (the touring model measures in at 4.9 seconds). This powerful executive style car has a top speed of 155 miles per hour.
The accelerator is extremely responsive due to new and original triple turbocharger technology. With BMW's expertise in engines that led to the Engine of the Year award recently, it's no surprise that BMW is leading the new trends of diesel engine development.
Efficiency hasn't been neglected in the engineering either, with an impressive fuel economy rating of 44 miles per gallon on average. When the M Mode is selected while driving, the 2013 M550d xDrive can switch into manual driving mode for more control.
- sport automatic eight speed transmission
- all wheel drive system with dynamic stability control (for more drive to the rear axles when entering corners, allowing for agile turns)
- special xenon headlights
- builtin rain sensors
- hands free calling options with USB connections
- panoramic glass sunroof
- heated steering wheel options
- builtin navigation system
- entertainment systems in the rear seats
- low CO2 emissions of about 1.2 pounds per 1.86 miles
- Auto stop and start function switches the engine off when the driver stops at intersections
- parking distance control system
- lane change and lane departure warning systems
- unique BMW Night Vision featuring automatic pedestrian recognition
- mobile device integration to connect to the BMW Assist service for emergency calls, latest traffic updates and more
All in all, the 2013 BMW M550d xDrive raises the bar yet again in engine performance and efficiency.
|Vehicle Type: Sedan||Base Price: NA|
|Engine: Straight 6 Diesel||Displacement: 2993 cc|
|Horsepower: 381 HP||Max RPM: 4000-4400 RPM|
|Torque: 546 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm||Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic|
|0-60 mph: 4.7 seconds||Maximum Speed: 155 mph (250 km/h)|