The Aston Martin LMP1 was designed by the Lola Racing Cars, a racing cars manufacturing company. The Aston Martin LMP1 has been tested on March 8th and 9th and later it will be used by the Aston Racing Team at the 2009 Le Mans series season which would be held in between 5th April and 13th September 2009.
Along with the Aston Martin LMP1, 27 other cars out of 50 cars has been tested that would participate in the 2009 Le Mans series. The 2009 Le Mans series racing contest is about 1000 km, where the first race takes place at Catalunya, Spain, in addition the other races would be held at Belgium, Portugal, Germany and the final race at Silverstone Circuit, United Kingdom.
• Vehicle Type: - race car, with one door
• Configuration: - Mid Engine/ RWD
• Displacement: - 1988cc
• Engine: - 6.0 litre V12
• Torque: - 700 Nm / 516 ft lbs
• Power: - 650 bhp / 485 KW
• Steering: - power assisted rack and pinion
• Transmission: - 6-speed Sequential
• Brakes: - Carbon ceramic discs
• Valve train: - cylinder / 4 valves
• Weight: -900 kilograms